Fiber to the Home (FTTH) drop cable is a setting of fiber optic cable used to set up a network for resident (Home) style or building with multiple residents. In this article, we will talk in detail about FTTH drop cables.
Fiber optic cables are now a popular option for setting up networks used for transferring data. It is more efficient at transferring data and with low attenuation rate.
Fiber drop cable is used for FTTH cable connection to the customers’ location (home or resident building) from the service provider’s location.
FTTH drop cable:
Flat Drop Cable with steel rods, 4 fibers available at Jera
In FTTH cable, fiber optic cables are used for setting up the network at its final stage i.e., at the client’s location.
Following are a few FTTH drop cables available at Jera:
FTTH Flat Drop Cable:
- It is also known as ‘flat type drop cable’.
- It consists of one or more fibers at the center of the cable.
- There are insulating strength-providing components present on the sides of the cable. These strength components could be made up of steel or plastic.
- Both, the fiber and strength components, are sheltered in a jacket. You may need to use Drop Cable Clamps to fit the cable in place.
FTTH Round Drop Cable:
- It is also known as mini ADSS fiber optic cable. One may use the ADSS clamps to fit the cable in place.
- It is commonly used for FTTH and FTTA (Fibre to the Antenna) types of network setup.
- It is a single-round setup, the fiber core is at the center surrounded by strength components and both are covered with an outer jacket.
- These round FTTH cables are used for mechanical strength for short FTTH drop cables.
Self-Supporting FTTH Flat Drop Cable:
Figure 8 optic drop cable 2 fibers available at Jera
- It is also known as a figure-8 drop wire.
- The fiber is reinforced with a messenger wire attached to the rod.
- There are three combinations used for it: steel wire and steel rod, steel wire and FRP rod, and FRP wire and FRP rod.
Double Jacket Drop Cable:
- It is also known as double-sheathed fiber optic cable.
- It is an excellent choice when you need some flexibility and extra strength for protection in a rough environment.
Jera manufactures and provides you with a wide range of FTTH cables to choose from. Do check them out and find what suits your needs best. These products met the RoHS and CE standards.
Along with the Fiber drop cables, Jera also provides you with various accessories to set up the FTTH network. The FTTH setup may require you to have Drop Cable Clamps, ADSS clamps, Fibe Optic Termination Boxes, Fiber Optic Splice Closure, and many more.
All components performing together influence the performance of the cable to transfer the data. All these accessories are available at Jera with a wide range of options made in their Dead End Guy Grips Factory.
You can customize the cable and accessories per your requirement at Jeera to match your specialized requirement at a competitive rate and made under expert supervision.